Welcome to Jill Rockwell Metal & Bead Arts in Victoria, BC

Welcome to Jill Rockwell Metal & Bead Arts in Victoria, BC
My Recollection Jewelry

Welcome to my blog...an online scrapbook of my work that I hope will inspire and delight you.
Please have a good time wandering through my photos and leave a comment if you like what you see.




Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Directions

Boy, are things going in a fun new direction for me and my jewelry! I am so over silver clay and viking knit, everyone has seen it! Anyway, that is the hallmark of art, it is always on the move. I just love the depth of the new pieces, and I can embellish them with all sorts of unique touches. Riki Schumacher (see Riki Jewelry for amazing pieces!) taught me some basics in etching, and now I am in the workshop daily doing fun and adventurous projects! This one is brass, etched, embellished with a resined bezel (seeds) and some antiqued chain. It is warm, fascinating...think collage on your wrist! It's going to the Filberg Festival if someone doesn't snap it up first, $188.

No comments: