Welcome to Jill Rockwell Metal & Bead Arts in Victoria, BC

Welcome to Jill Rockwell Metal & Bead Arts in Victoria, BC
My Recollection Jewelry

Welcome to my blog...an online scrapbook of my work that I hope will inspire and delight you.
Please have a good time wandering through my photos and leave a comment if you like what you see.




Friday, May 28, 2010

What's "NEW" in My World!

Super Shiny Etched Brass,  Vintage Embellishment (French Celtic)

I know that most of my work is made to look aged....but my desires to try something "new" and to use this vintage embellishment....took me in a new direction.  That,  and the polisher motor that my dear friend Lauretta foraged from a garage sale...she finds the BEST treasures!  After weeks of screaming foul words,  my soldering has finally become acceptable...and this is sweat soldered onto an etched brass piece and highly polished. 
Another landmark:  today I begin my first major workshop held here at my studio.  It is a 3 day metalworking intensive,  using all my finishing and connecting skills,  and I think it is going to be amazing DESPITE the weather.  It sort of puts a damper on working out in my shop,  but I will sidestep it by putting up my tent,  and  tables for hammering and etching.  I'm excited and nervous.  This is the trial run.  My next workshop in June is filled already.  I will hold one in July,  but no dates are set ...let me know if you are interested. 




No comments: